Tips for Last Minute Cruises from Jacksonville
How does pricing work on Last Minute Cruises from Jacksonville?
Cruise lines fill almost every cabin on every sailing, and, many cabins have more than 2 people. Cruise lines make much of their profits from high-margin items like shore excursions, liquor, spa treatments, alternative restaurant surcharges, etc. So, if the ship still has many empty cabins to fill less than 60 days prior to departure, cruise lines will get aggressive in selling those cabins.
However, while the cruise line might get aggressive, they are very smart in how they go about offering those cabins at a discount. Here's why:
- Most cruise lines have a lowest price guarantee to get people to book early. Those guarantees mean the cruise lines must compensate qualifying customers if a lower price becomes available.
- However, there are loopholes in those guarantees that cruise lines use to minimize the occurrences of having to payout to those already booked.
- Most of the loopholes are related to existing customers being eligible for a targeted discount (military, past passenger, resident of a certain state, senior citizen).
So, when searching for a list minute cruise from Jacksonville, we will ask qualifying questions (are you a past passenger, senior citizen, etc.) during your cruise search, those questions are being asked to help find you a lower price.
Last minute cruise "deals" might not always be related to offering a low price. Cruise lines do their best to avoid lowering their prices. Instead, last minute bookers from Jacksonville my be offered the following incentives:
- Cabin category upgrades - you pay for a lower cabin category, you get to select a cabin from a higher category. So, on a last minute cruise from Jacksonville, you might pay for a cabin with a picture window, but, end-up in a cabin with a balcony,
- Onboard / Shipboard Spending Credit - instead of a lower price, the ship provides you credit on your shipboard account that you can spend on anything that you can charge to your cabin. In a sense, this is as good as an outright discount off the price of the cruise.
Prices tend to be highest when kids are out of school. Christmas, Summer, and Spring Break often have peak pricing.
When are the best prices available on Last Minute Cruises from Jacksonville?
When kids are in school is when the prices tend to be lowest - September, October, early-November and early-December. Prices on cruises last minute cruises from Jacksonville also tend to be relatively low in early-January when kids are back in school, and, parents go back to work.
Prices tend to be highest when kids are out of school. Christmas, Summer, and Spring Break often have peak pricing and last minute cruise deals from Jacksonville are hard to find.
From a weather perspective, the best time to sail is from late-November to late-April. From June thru November, the weather in the Bahamas and the Caribbean tends to be more hot and humid, and, there are frequent, short rain showers (much like Hawaii) on most days. hile "hurricane season" (June through November) can feature some good prices, and often good weather, it is "buyer beware". Cruise ships will steer-clear of hurricanes and tropical storms, and, if the water in the port is too rough for the ship to safely dock or anchor, the port call may get cancelled and you will have an extra "sea day". It is not unheard of that busy weather weeks in hurricane season have 7-day cruises that are scheduled for 3 or 4 port calls only end-up successfully completing one port call due to safety concerns. Bottom line, it is "buyer beware" on taking a cruise during hurricane season.
Do prices ever go up on Last Minute Cruises from Jacksonville?
Yes. As a cruise ship sells-out, the number of discounts will be fewer -- even to the point where the last cabins on a popular cruise (Spring Break, Christmas & New Years) cruises end-up selling at the full (brochure) price.
What other ports near Jacksonville have Last Minute Cruises?
There are several alternatives for you to consider if you are looking for a last minute cruise. The most easily accessible alternatives are:
Last Minute Cruises From Jacksonville Resources
Let CruisesFromPortCanaveral.us send you on a Last Minute Cruise from Jacksonville. You'll find the largest selection of Cheap Jacksonville Cruise Deals and helpful advice on Last Minute Cruises from Jacksonville. Book your Jacksonville cruise online, or, call our Last Minute cruise experts at (800) 961-4635.
Images Copyright: Carnival Cruise Lines